This website is operated by [Eatlanka LTD].
- the personal information we collect about you
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with.
Who we are
[admin] (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, (ie we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
What information we collect?
Personal information provided by you
We collect personal information about you (such as your name, address, phone number, payment details) when you register with us or purchase products or services from us. We also collect personal information when you [contact us, send us feedback, post material to our website, compete customer surveys or participate in competitions].Encryption with a digital certificate keeps information private as it’s sent to or from the https website www.eatlanka.com.
Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user’s internet service provider. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- process your order;
- conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- carry out customer profiling and analyse your purchasing preferences;
- if you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you—see ‘Marketing’ section below;
- detect and prevent fraud;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you;
- carry out security vetting;
- improve our services; and
We may like to send you information by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) about special offers which may be of interest to you.
We will only ask whether you would like us [and other businesses] to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you [complete our online order form or the Register your restaurant form for the first time]. Click here [https://www.eatlanka.com/contact/] to see what this form looks like [https://www.eatlanka.com/register-your-restaurant/ ].
If you have consented to such receive marketing from us, or other businesses, you can opt out at any time. See ‘What rights do you have?’ below for further information.
Who your information might be shared with
We may disclose your personal data to:
- our agents and service providers;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
- our business partners in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out’ section above; and
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology).
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to [[email protected]] or write to us at [EATLANKA LTD
86-90 paul street
London – EC2A 4NE